Sunday 21 April 2013

New toy

A week and a half ago I received delivery of my new toy, a Mendel90 3D printer kit. It took about 20 hours to assemble and about another 8 to configure, but it's now working well. Been mostly printing small figures and trinkets, but thought this weekend I'd try printing something more challenging. So I found a complete printable Sword of Omens on Thingiverse and couldn't believe my luck, I've wanted one since I was a kid. So far I've printed and assembled the handle and one piece of the blade. But I'll probably make the blade from a piece of wood rather than 6 printed pieces, it'll look nicer.

So I now need to get back into 3D modelling, probably using Sketchup or Blender. Then I'll be able to print parts for the Hellfire, like the sight and trigger.


Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment